Essential duties and responsibilities
1. Primary duty is sourcing and originating purchase money mortgage loans through the development of relationships with realtors, builders, and business professionals.
2. Responsible for following up on home loan referrals submitted by branch and call center staff.
3. Sources and obtains purchase money home loan inquiries from existing customer base, referrals, and external business sources using targeted marketing and/or advertising efforts
4. Conducts presentations at branches, real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer's seminars or any other venue to solicit purchase money home loan business
5. Responsible for meeting individual and department home loan production goals supporting the overall company goals.
6. Uses interpersonal and communication skills to generate referral business, leads, and relationships with individuals, existing clients, past clients, and real estate professionals.
7. Manages pipeline so as to meet specific loan volume production goals, established loan quality and turnaround times.
8. Provide guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each home lending program the applicant is qualified for; effectively explain and communicate the terms of each product; and ensure all necessary documents are signed by the borrower.
9. Gather all initial documentation required based upon the applicant’s selected loan program and all disclosure requirements.
10. Analyze applicant’s existing financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting the loan, providing conditional approval or denial of loan request. Clearly communicate conditional approval and conditions surrounding the conditional approval.
11. Ensure all information and documents are presented to loan underwriting and are contained in the electronic loan file documenting the credit worthiness of the applicant.
12. Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
13. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and requirements set out in regulations and provides clear, understandable explanations at loan closing and document signing.
14. Completes home loans by monitoring collection, verification, and preparation of home loan documentation and scheduling and completion of mortgage loan closing.
15. Understands and can effectively apply home lending policies and procedures to all mortgage lending situations. Provides valuable input to Loan Procedures Manuals including updates, revisions, and the creation of new policies and procedures.
16. Analyzes detailed financial and credit data, matching the applicant’s needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk.
17. Receives loan applications, quotes the rate and points, and completes follow-up activities with the registration lock-in.
18. Promote and maintain a positive image at all times to all personnel, members, volunteers, vendors and the community.
Certification and/or Licensing Requirements: